Tests Recommended by Dr. David Klein
1. uMMA TEST FOR VITAMIN B12
The urinary methylmalonic acid (uMMA) test indicates your cellular vitamin B12 level. uMMA is a natural compound in the body that increases when vitamin B12 is lacking; they are directly related. The uMMA test is the only known effective test for vitamin B12 level. Blood testing for vitamin B12 is not sensitive enough and is therefore inaccurate. Conventional blood testing labs do not offer the uMMA test. Dr. Klein is associated with Norman Clinical Laboratory in Ohio which specializes in uMMA testing (http://www.b12.com). You may order the uMMA test through Dr. Klein.
Price & Payments
US: $149.00 payable to Dr. David Klein.
Canada: $169.00 in US dollars payable to Dr. David Klein.
Other countries: $179.00 in US dollars payable to Dr. David Klein.
Paypal orders: paypal.me/DavidKleinHI
Phone orders using a credit card: 808-572-0861
Skype orders using a credit card: Skype: drdaveklein
Mail orders: Dr. David Klein, P.O. Box 791241 Paia, HI 96779 USA
- Make payment.
- Confirm payment and mailing address by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon receipt of payment, Dr. Klein will send you a test kit packet by Priority Mail (arrives in 2-5 days).
- When you receive the test kit, fill the small vial with urine, then send it with the enclosed order sheet to the laboratory using the enclosed pre-addressed envelope. Do not provide a sample during or immediately after a water fast.
- Within about 3 days after receiving the urine vial, the laboratory will run the test and notify Dr. Klein and you of the test result by e-mail and/or postal mail.
- If your test indicates low vitamin B12, you can consult with Dr. Klein about the most effective way to resolve the deficiency and improve your vitamin B12 uptake.
- For more information about vitamin B12, read Section 4.3, “Demystifying Vitamin B12” in the 4th edition of Self Healing Colitis & Crohn’s by Dr. David Klein. In the same book, also read Section 5: “Vegan Healing Diet Plan.”
2. GENERAL BLOOD TESTING
I recommend basic blood tests indicating:
- General hematology with CBC (complete blood count or basic metabolic panel with electrolytes including sodium)
- Total serum protein
- Vitamin D
- Sedimentation rate or C-reactive protein
- Iron and ferretin
- Optional: It is also very helpful, especially in cases of chronic fatigue and illness, to obtain the more specialized and expensive trace minerals, pesticides and toxic metals tests for elements including chromium and mercury. Contact Dr. Klein for information on how to orders these tests yourself.
3. pH TESTING (optional)
Testing the pH of the saliva and urine is a very useful tool for assessing acid toxicity levels, monitoring detoxification and health restoration progress, and maintaining an alkaline balance on the vegan diet program. A roll of pH test paper or pH test strips can be obtained from some pharmacies and most medical supply stores. Some doctors can order a roll of the test paper for their patients. This testing is optional, but useful to monitor your progress.